- An extraordinary number of St. Cletus students receive honors and awards for their academic and community achievements. Graduating 8th graders receive scholarships, achieve top scores on private school placement tests, and go on to take honors or advanced high school courses.
- More than 50% of St. Cletus students score in the “high range” on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS), versus 23% of students nationwide. The ITBS is a standardized test which is administered by the Archdiocese of St. Louis, and is used by many other Archdioceses and school districts across the country.
- In the past 10 years, more than 99% of St. Cletus students have been accepted into their “first choice” high school. St. Cletus graduates have gone on to attend high school at Duchesne, St. Dominic, Christian Brother’s College (CBC), Barat Academy, St. Joseph’s Academy, St. Louis University High School, Visitation Academy, Incarnate Word Academy, and high schools within the St. Charles, Francis Howell, Fort Zumwalt and Orchard Farm school districts.
- St. Cletus students in grades 7 and 8 are given comprehensive finals, which helps prepare them for high school and gives them an edge over the average freshman.
- St. Cletus graduates commonly say they find they have an advantage over other students in high school due to the strong foundation they received at St. Cletus School.
The following St. Cletus graduates received top awards as they graduated from Duchesne High School in 2015:
Anthony Buchholz: Summa Cum Laude, Bright Flight Scholarship, George Washington Carver Award, In the top 5% of 2015 graduating class, DHS Student Ambassador
Cindy Bui: Magna Cum Laude, National Honor Society
Michael Noel: DHS Bronze Service Award
Morgan Plackemeier: MSHSAA Award of Excellence
Adam Pundmann: Summa Cum Laude, National Honor Society, George Washington Carver Award, DHS Student Ambassador, DHS Gold Service Award
Brian Rehagen: MSHSAA Award of Excellence, DHS Gold Service Award
Blake Schmidt: Cum Laude, DHS Student Ambassador, DHS Gold Service Award
Danielle Struckhoff: Summa Cum Laude, George Washington Carver Award
Carolyn Boschert: Cum Laude, Senior Class President, DHS Student Ambassador
- Alex Ernst was Valedictorian of CBC High School Class of 2013.
- Alexa Nguyen was Salutatorian of Duchesne High School Class of 2013. She also received a Bright Flight Scholarship.
- Katie Kerkemeyer graduated Summa Cum Laude from Orchard Farm High School 2013. In her junior year, she was selected as a "KMOX Student of Achievement," one of 30 metro area award recipients to demonstrate outstanding achievements in academics, athletics, the arts, community service and leadership. The award included a $3,000 per year scholarship from SEMO.
- Jessica Le graduated Cum Laude from Orchard Farm High School 2013.
- Michael Busche was Valedictorian, and Nick Koval was Salutatorian of Duchesne High School Class of 2012.
- Andrea Haake was valedictorian at St. Charles High School Class of 2012.
- Alexa Nguyen and Maddy Pashos won sixth place in a team event at the 2012 Fall Archdiocesan Math League competition.
- Under the leadership of Paul Rothermich as President, the Duchesne Key Club was honored at the 2012 Missouri-Arkansas District Leadership Conference as a Distinguished Diamond-level Club, which is the most prestigious award given to individual clubs.
- Nicholas Koval was awarded the “Student of Ethics Award” and $2,500 scholarship by The Better Business Bureau. Three students from Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois were chosen from over 250 applicants.
- Drew Moore was selected as one of the area's outstanding high school scholar-athletes by the St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation. He received the award from former NBA professional, Larry Hughes.
If you have Alumni News, please send us an email. Or mail to St. Cletus School: 2721 Zumbehl Road, St. Charles, MO 63301.